PostPlace Mod [Spaar`s Modloader] [Besiege 0.2]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#1
Let's you move stuff after you've placed it.
To choose which block to move, check the "choose block" box:
[Spoil]











[/Spoil]Then hover over an object and click i,j,k,l,u or o. The block should now be blue. If it isn't, uncheck the box, and the block should be blue.
Afterwards, use the previously mentioned keys to move the block (or rotate if checked)
[spoil]











[/spoil]To stop moving the object, check the "Choose Block" box again, then uncheck it.[spoil]











[/spoil]

Update 3.0: Updated to Besiege 2.0, using GUI-Window instead of better-mod-gui
Update 1.7: Updated to work with negative numbers
Update 1.6: Fixed fields! YAY! Added "choose parent" button. Noticed that some things (already-existing structures in the sandbox), can be chosen, and moved, but the change isn't visible. But if you check with a machine, it's actually moved. Weird :/
Update 1.5: Fixed commas (I think?). Fields are kinda broken
Update 1.4: Now you can type values directly into fields, and the mod is compatible with the Better Mod GUI mod! (Better Mod GUI not needed for mod to work)
Update 1.3: You can now disable gravity for a single block! Also, crash protection!
Update 1.2: Works with other mods!
Update 1.1: Now you can also change the drag and mass of an object (make sure not to use 0 or lower values, since it WILL crash your game!)

Installation:
  • Install Spaar's Modloader
  • Drag the mod into the "Mods" folder.

Attached Files




PostPlace.dll
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#4
Update :D
On another note, spaar, your modloader loads the explosion mod twice instead of this one when I try to use both together D:
 

spaar

Active Member
#5
ITR said:
On another note, spaar, your modloader loads the explosion mod twice instead of this one when I try to use both together D:
That's... odd. Do they happen to have the same GUID again ? Otherwise I don't know what's happening. I can't test it right now, but I'll take a look later, probably sometime tomorrow.
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#6
I'm pretty sure they don't have the same GUID
 
#7
Wait. Do you have to go back to the main screen every time you want to change between moving, rotating, and placing blocks? Or am I missing something?
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#8
stellHex said:
Wait. Do you have to go back to the main screen every time you want to change between moving, rotating, and placing blocks? Or am I missing something?
Since the text is in white it might be a little hard to see in the sandbox. Or are the checkboxes not appearing for you?
 
#9
no, that's just the impression I got from the example images you used, and why i didn't downloaded the mod when it came out. but when people continued to not mention it, I thought I'd ask.
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#10
Oh, no, it's just that you can use the mod anywhere, even the menu :p
 

spaar

Active Member
#11
spaar said:
That's... odd. Do they happen to have the same GUID again ? Otherwise I don't know what's happening. I can't test it right now, but I'll take a look later, probably sometime tomorrow.
Alright, it looks like you are right (although I think they did have the same GUID, changing it didn't help however). It looks like Assembly.LoadFrom / Assembly.LoadFile just return the same assembly twice to me, even though I clearly pass the different path to it... I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I might have an idea how to fix it. The first attempt at that fix resulted in crashing the game, but when I get something working I'll update the mod loader and post again here.
 

spaar

Active Member
#12
Okay, ITR I really don't know what's happening here. Did you create the dll by copying another again? Because I can only assume that's the cause for all these problems, just copying the source code for the mod out of JustDecompile and compiling it with Visual Studio works just fine and the mod loader loads both mods without complaining. I'm sorry, but you might have to actually get a .NET compiler to create your mods, at least if you want to use the mod loader. I mean, you only need to compile something once for every mod, after that you can just do what you are doing now with the resulting dll I guess.
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#13
spaar said:
Okay, ITR I really don't know what's happening here. Did you create the dll by copying another again? Because I can only assume that's the cause for all these problems, just copying the source code for the mod out of JustDecompile and compiling it with Visual Studio works just fine and the mod loader loads both mods without complaining. I'm sorry, but you might have to actually get a .NET compiler to create your mods, at least if you want to use the mod loader. I mean, you only need to compile something once for every mod, after that you can just do what you are doing now with the resulting dll I guess.
aww
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#14
There, updated it (had to give in to the visual studio pressure ;_; )
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#17
Updated to add removal of gravity for single blocks :D
 
#18
Is there a way you could make it so that we enter the desired change in angle or position into the 3 fields, instead of/in addition to using keys? That would make this mod a hell of a lot more useful IMO
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#19
stellHex said:
Is there a way you could make it so that we enter the desired change in angle or position into the 3 fields, instead of/in addition to using keys? That would make this mod a hell of a lot more useful IMO
No, that would require editing the assembly, so it wouldn't work with spaar's mod loader (Believe me, I've tried every method today). On the other hand, I'm updating the Precision mod, where I'm planning to add exactly that :D

And while writing this, I realize that you might mean after placing the block. I'll think about it.
 
#20
Yeah, I did mean after placing the block. I mean, it would just mean executing whatever function happens on pressing keys a certain number of times, right?
 
Top